Here’s how to increase your word count goal in NaNoWriMo.
Dracula’s Evil Ways of Hitting the Word Count
(Although the evilness of this is certainly questionable.)
- Block the backspace. Put some red tape on it, place a spider on it (Ron Weasley, you hearing me?), grow some poison ivy on it, I don’t know.
- Write out the full form of everything. Be it POV or RAM (Though I’m pretty sure you won’t be using Random Access Memory in your novel).
- Whatever you do, DON’T EDIT during NaNo. It will take up precious time, in which you could be writing. You procrastinate enough during NaNo as it is.
Don’t lie, I know you do.
- On a related note, you can shut up that Inner Editor with chocolate. See, it’s a win-win situation; you get to eat lots of chocolate, & you save time by not editing.
- Tell A HELLA LOT OF PEOPLE that you’re doing NaNo. That way, you’ll get more motivated to write, because, if you don’t win, then they get the right to tease you about it till the next NaNo. Trust me, this totally works.
- Also, remember to tell those people who will motivate you (& scold you when you start procrastinating).
- Utilize Friday nights. *checks calendar* See, you’re getting 4 Fridays this NaNo season. You can get a lot of writing done on Friday nights, because 1) you can stay up late because no school/work the next day, 2)hence, you also don’t have to do homework, 3)Fridays have this comforting feel which makes writing so much easier.
(Okay now the tips start getting obvious)
- If you feel too sleepy to stay up late writing, instead of taping up your eyelids, it’s better to go to sleep & wake up early the next day to write.
- DON’T PUT OFF YOUR HOMEWORK OR PROJECTS. Do them as soon as you get home, so you can write later without the burden of uncompleted work in your mind.
- If you reach your word count goal of the day & still have the time & energy, continue writing. Some days, you might not get the time to write AT ALL, so at least you won’t be lagging behind too much.
That’s about it. If you have any NaNoWriMo related posts on your blog, tell me!
➽ ➽ ➽ ➽ ➽
Getting excited for NaNoWriMo,