Hey everyone! Summer break is less than 3 weeks away & I. Am. So. Pumped. But, sadly, school is still there to dampen my spirits (giving out so many projects should be made illegal; it’s practically a Crime against Humanity. UN, you hearing me? Growing children shouldn’t be sleep deprived all the time). So, in an attempt to, err, cheer up, I guess I should say – I made a list of all the things of why I love summer. Yay.
- No homework. Enough said.
- The last day before summer break. The best day of the school year (not to mention the most fun).
- Swimming. And the smell of chlorine (I really like it, for some reason).
- Watermelons. Yum.
- Sleeping in. Lots of cold pillows & blankets, & no alarm clocks to ruin the moment. Ah, the life.
- The smell of sunscreen. Teehee.
- 8 pm sunsets = more time spent outside.
- Ice cream. Need I say more?
- Flip flops – blue ones, pink ones, glittery ones, patterned ones, wedged ones, the list goes on….
- Tan lines.
- Slathering on insect repellent as fast as humanly possible before dashing out of the door in the evenings. This is more of a childhood memory, but still.
- The ever-gorgeous colourful sunsets. Have I ever mentioned how much I LOVE candy-coloured sunsets? I even have a Pinterest board dedicated to them.
- HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 2.
- Summer clothes. I never put an effort into dressing up in the winter because of cold weather blues. And sunglasses? Yaaaaaaaaas.
- The relaxed atmosphere. It’s easier to be happy when nobody is tensed up about the test coming up next Monday or the 4 projects that are due by the end of the week (& parents aren’t nagging you for lazing around).
- When there’s a downpour, & you can can actually enjoy playing in the rain.
- Fruit smoothies & iced teas.
- Summer homework – no, I don’t love it. At all. But the times when you’re trying to do it along with a group of friends & a really good song comes on & it turns into an impromptu dance party? That’s what I’m talking about.
- There’s actually a point of having painted toes, because flip flops or barefeet 99% of the time yo.
- Lemonade. I’m lovin’ it.
- Nobody judges you for having your hair being tied into a messy topknot 24/7 (especially true for one of my friends; she hates having her hair down).
- Running through every sprinkler you see.
- Palm trees + sand + salt water. Pure bliss.
➽ ➽ ➽ ➽ ➽
Until next time,